Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amour

When I started putting my thoughts and feelings online I was slow and reluctant to say very much. Then I went through a phase of putting every emotion and thought down. Now it looks like I have gone back to making rare entries. One subject I pondered a lot about is love. There are so many different kinds of love but each boils down to one fact; we all need to have a bond with another human being. We need to know that we are not alone in the world. The easiest thing about love is giving someone else advice about it, the hardest thing is taking that advice. I sometimes think “ is love really worth it?”. Is all the pain and heartbreak worth the all too brief moments of joy? When your mind fills up with questions, doubts and worries, is it all really worth it?
The purest form of love in my opinion is the unconditional love that mostly exists between a mother and her child. Unconditional love is more rare than Hollywood would have us believe. For the majority love is conditional on the response of the other person. We feel “let-down” or even “betrayed” if we see our emotional investment being ignored or not properly acknowledged. Love can spark off many negative emotions and can even eventually lead to feelings of hate. We can feel guilty if we are unable to return the love that another person gives us.
With all the “love” dates happening on the calendar now I guess my mind has focused more on this.
Anyway, time to give my brain a rest again :)

No comments: