Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Full Moon

Tonight there is a full moon and for once it is visible from Dublin.It is a long tome since it was used as a calender :)
Life is not fair. You only have to see how the France vs Ireland match was dealt woth by FIFA to see that.The small guy always gets the short end of the stick. Recently someone remarked to me about how much was wasted in effort, time and money on useless exercises. He was referring to politicians who wasted the resources of a country for their own egotistical reasons. It is only as we grow older that we recognise such futility.
Anyway back to the moon. The full moon was, and still is, used as an excuse for having a ceremony. In Asia it is seen as a chance to party, in the west it tends to have more forbiding nouances.
Right now for me it is a marker. The next full moon is on New Years Eve. It will mark the end of a six month wait. At the end of it I hope to have some answers. I don't know if I want to hear the answers but I don't think I can handle the long waits.
Oiche mhaith a chairde.

No comments: