Monday, November 10, 2008

Genesis

There is a series on TV about the American space program. It covers the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions. I was lucky enough to see the pictures of the first man stepping on the moon in 1969. I was only 7 but I was amazed by the images. It was then the first stirrings of interest in astonomy, astro-physics and airplanes came into my head. I wanted to know more about the events I was seeing. I wanted to know what was out there and why I was here. I wanted to know how we were able to get to the moon and what the moon was made of(It was not cheese by the way :P ) My interests never amounted to more than a hobby. I had neither the intelligence or the money to pursue my interests in a professional arena. I find the big bang theory, the "missing" dark matter in the universe and black holes fascinating topics. I have witnessed a partial solar ecipse here in Ireland. I was in Bucharest when another partial eclipse occured on 1st August this year but I discovered that even a solar eclipse can itself be eclipsed by something much more important, Love.
Have a safe night everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everything start from somewhere ...

cosmln