Monday, July 14, 2008

Last day

Thursday the 19th of June was the last day of the trip. Gabi and Cosmin had packed their luggage the previous night and since we had a few hours until the flight, we decided to visit the city centre for some final shopping and maybe see Trinity College. Time again proved to be our enemy and after a small foray into the shops of Grafton street we went back to the car and set out for the airport. We made good time on the road and arrived at the airport a little over two hours before the flight was due to take off. After being effectively robbed by Aer Lingus in excess baggage charges we headed for the departure area. Here I bade farewell to my friends. It was hard to believe we had spent two weeks together, time had moved so fast and there was so much more we had wanted to see. I watched Gabi and Cosmin go towards the security check and turned away to go back to the car.As I walked I thought about the last fortnight, the good and not so good. The best part for me was seeing Gabi again and meeting Cosmin, the worst part was not getting to see my nephew on his birthday. The best places were Dunquin and Doolin, the worst was Newgrange. I will miss the breakfasts, miss getting Cosmin’s fried tomato slices and giving Gabi my bacon(rasher). I will miss the company of friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did u catch the cold when I let you have my famous umbrella...See i should have taken it from you, you didnt use it right lol...
Thank you for writing this blog Boo...
I am waiting for updates in 360
Gabi